As every website owner also I must convert with my analytics stack to new Google Analytics 4. Because I have around 20 websites which must be analyzed by time then I've created Google Tag Manager template which I use as starting point for every website.
What I measure?
- Article Impressions
- If user read article (with impressions of author description)
- If user viewed first H2 (then if is not bounce)
- If user viewed 50% of mine article (then if is not bounce)
- If user viewed some of my "rich content"
This everything are super basics which I need to know. I could see which content is read by users, which category of content is read by time also I could see if mine rich content in articles works or not. This is not rocket science this is great start for to delve deeper and explore.
How to setup works?
- You must use GTM4WP plugin in WordPress with which I have great experience.
- You will create new GTM container (or you use which one - you now have).
- You will upload mine container to your GTM container.
- You will change THREE settings in GTM.
- You make container public and you will change some settings in GA4.
You'll get my template which I use on my websites when I starting new project.